Today I shot my first adult photoset using my new upgrated avatar!
It’s called “Red Passion“ (warning: NSFW!) and it’s inspired by the color of passion (also one of the colors of the Italian flag: no surprise since we are very passionate people!)
Here’s a sneak peek:
Feel free to comment it and to follow me on my Flickr page!
A week ago I decided to upgrade my avatar to the latest technologies provided by Second Life. To be honest, it took more effort than expected!
I tried to keep the upgraded avatar as near as possible to the old one, since my objective was not to make a brand new avatar, but simply to update it making it prettier and able to use the new SL techs.
Among other things, I used a mesh body from Maitreya and, a mesh head from Catwa and a new AO by Vista with bento animations.
These are some considerations:
- With a Maitreya body is way easier to find good fitting outfits.
- If I attach something to the nipples (for example nipple pasties) they follow the bouncy boobs! (this was impossible in the “classic” SL avatar)
- Any mesh head looks way better than a “classic” head, no matter how hard you tried to make a “classic” head look good.
- Most jewelry sets need little to no adjustments to fit well on the new body (considering that I tried to keep the new shape as near as possible to the old one).
- The bento animations for the hands let you make great new poses that were impossible before!
- The bento animations for the head look very good as well.
- The upgrade took much more than expected (about 30 hours). In particular, I found very time expensive to find a good skin that was compatible with both the head and the body, and I had to “mix” two shapes (the maitreya standard shape and a custom head shape) because the standard maitreya shape made my head look terrible.
- I had to manually find again a matching color for my VAW genitals because of the new skin i had to use.
- I had to watch several tutorials to understand how to apply stockings/makeups to the Maitreya and the Catwa systems because the old “wear stockings” and “wear tatoos” of the SL “classic” system don’t work anymore. I think that for a new user of SL this could be annoying.
- Many old “standard size” outfits of mine are incompatible with the new body, so all the money I spent on them is lost.
- It was very expensive! I spent about 25.000 L$ to upgrade everything.
Here you may see the results (old on the left, new on the right):
Eventually I decided to start my blog.
It is still a work in progress, and embarrassingly lacks content. But, hey, give me time guys! 😉